Introducing the New GTW Series Integrated Motor | Actuator for Weld-Guns
Shelby, NC – May 25, 2022 – Curtiss-Wright’s Actuation Division today announced the release of its Exlar® GTW weld-gun focused electromechanical actuator. The GTW performance and benefits parallel that of the Exlar GTX actuator family of products with additional features to support the demands of automotive weld-gun applications.
The GTW weld-gun actuator offers high force repeatability and precision at 20M+ welds. With continuous force ratings up to 24,196N (5,440 lbf) and speeds up to 1,270 mm/sec (50 in/sec), the GTW can support high duty cycles for increased productivity and energy efficiency. Lower Total Cost of Ownership is provided based on its electromechanical design. In addition, GTW actuators are compatible with major leading global industrial robot and weld-gun supplier controllers used in the automotive manufacturing markets.
The GTW Series features include:
- Energy efficient integrated brushless stator (motor) technology
- Planetary Roller Screw technology for high precision positioning and reliable performance over its rated life
- High performance rod seal and dual wiper design to protect critical components from contaminants
- Built-in mounting features for adaption to a variety of weld-gun configurations
- Design-in mounting options for ease of installation and adaptability to standard C-Gun, X-Gun, or Pinch weld-gun envelopes
- Robot interface compatibility with major industrial weld-gun suppliers
For more information about the GTW Series actuators or Curtiss-Wright’s Exlar business, please visit www.cw-actuation.com. Exlar is a business unit of Curtiss-Wright’s Actuation Division.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 8,200 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.curtisswright.com
Originally posted at: